DIY: Hanging Love Banner


Hello everyone! So today, I decided to give you guys a DIY post! Just a heads up, this is a DIY room decoration. I'm going to be teaching you how to create your own DIY Banner! If you girlies or boys wanna spice up your room and give it a little 'tumblr' touch, just follow the steps below! 

By the way, I got this DIY banner from various YouTube videos and I just wanted to share it with you guys. And another heads up, you guys can make any word you want! I just chose this cliche four-letter word as an example.

Little side note: if you guys make this, make sure to tag me @amiiraaquino on Instagram and hashtag it to #amiraanika . 💖


So you'll need pieces of paper, here I'm using two sheets but it really depends on how many letters your choice of word has. Here's a little tip, try keeping more sheets than you need in case you mess up.

Next, you'll need what I call 'rope'. I don't know what type of rope this is so, if you guys know the type of rope go ahead of comment below. Anyways, I got mine from Papermelroti. They sell it for a very cheap affordable price.

Now go ahead and grab the other things you'll be needing referring to the picture. By the way, the puncher I'm using is a 2-hole puncher, but of course you can use a 1-hole puncher if you have. But if you don't have a puncher, simply just grab a smaller pair of scissors and cut 2 holes. But before you cut/punch 2 holes refer to the following steps.


First, cut your first piece of paper in a square. You can cut the square how long you want it to be.


Second, cut a triangle in the bottom. Cut it like the illustration shown above. 


Third, now go ahead and grab your 2-hole/1-hole puncher and punch 2 holes on the top of your paper. If you don't have a puncher, go grab a small pair of scissors and cut 2 small holes. Or big if you want, as long as you can still draw the letter. Do this for every paper you have cut.


Fourth, go ahead grab your marker (any color will do!) and draw the first letter of your choice of word. I decided to color in my letters so it would look cute. But of course you can write your letters any way you want.


Now this part is completely optional. Only do this part if you're gonna fill in the space of your letters. So what I discovered is that when you color in with a marker, the paper starts blotting or it creates a weird texture that we definitely don't want. So to avoid that problem, I discovered a florescent gel highlighter. You can find it in any bookstore and this literally solved my problem. It doesn't create a bad texture and it doesn't blot at all. So that's what I would use if I were to color the space in.


Sixth, Here are my letters! I decided to go all pink, because why not? Okay now go ahead and grab your rope and measure it to how long you want it. Then after your rope is measured, go ahead and cut it. I measured mine to the length of how long the papers were aligned and I decided to leave a long piece of rope on the ends of the first and last letters.


How to connect your letters:

Okay now this is how to connect all your letters together to create your word. Start on the first letter of your word. Grab the end of your rope and place it to the first hole you punched. Then after placing it inside the first hole, place it inside the second hole. If you don't get what I'm saying, then check the picture shown above.


Doesn't it look lovely? Well the letters aren't lovely though... 


Seventh, Finally the last step! Go grab your tape and place it on both ends of the rope. If you're going to be hanging it on your bed for something which has support already, you don't need your tape, just wrap it around the bar/support. But if you have a headboard on your bed, I suggest you tape it not too low and not too high.


Now this is what my finished banner looks like! Now go ahead and hang your banner on the spot you would want to hang it.

I hoped you enjoyed this DIY post for 2015! If you guys make this DIY make sure to tag me on your phone @amiiraaquino on Instagram and hashtag it to #amiraanika

Comment down below if you guys found this helpful! 👍


Love, Amira ❤️


1 comments:

  1. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete